Book Club- Rainbows (Year 2)Back
This week we will be learning about Rainbows.
Rainbows are formed when light shines through water, like when the sun shines through the rain. This light is bent and reflected, like a reflection in a mirror, and this causes all of the amazing colors that you see!
For book club this week, we will be looking at a poem called 'Chasing Rainbows'. Have a read and see if you can answer Miss Harwood's questions.
There are also some simple steps to help you have a go at creating your own rainbow poem. We can't wait to see what you come up with!
1. Can you name all of the colours of the rainbow in the correct order? Use the poem to help you.
2. Can you find any rhyming words in the poem? Try having a look at the end of each line if you are struggling.
3. Can you match each colour to the item that they are being compared to (for example: red and tomato).
4. Can you explain what your favourite colour is and why?
5. Can you find out which colour your family members like the most. Which one is the most popular?
Create your own rainbow poem.
Have a look at the example below, then see if you can have a go at making up your own lines of rainbow poetry.