How Much Did it Cost? (Year 5)Back
This week we have been learning all about Victorian money. The Victorians used different measurements like farthings, pennies, shillings as well as pounds. Fortunately today it is much more simple for us.
That doesn't mean we don't have to use our problem skills with money though. See if you can solve the problem below. You may want to remind yourself of all the different coins we use by looking at the image at the bottom of our page.
- Adriel bought a packet of crisps and a chocolate bar from the corner shop.
- The cost of both of them added together is in one of the boxes below.
- Use the clues below to help you figure out which is the correct amount.
- Start by crossing out the ones you know it isn't.
1. You need more than three coins to make this amount.
2. There would be change when using the most valuable coin to buy them.
3. The crisps cost more than 50p.
4. You could pay without using any copper coins.
5. The ice cream costs exactly twice as much as the crisps.